The heartbreak I didn't know

 Mike


A name I've known the past three years. It was just a name of someone I am used to call my "bebu" back then, but now, every time I hear it, my heart crumbles. A name I didn't know would be the name of a person whom my heart had longed for for the longest time. A name He gave to a person who I prayed for every night. A name of a person that may sound common to all but actually was someone's name who's made a big impact in my life.


"Finding love" would be the last thing in my mind when my last relationship failed. I focused on myself, my family and friends, and of course, making a living for and spending time with my daughter. But God really has His way. He really intended for me that in time, someone is going to see my worth. 


Then, I met Mike. This may sound cheesy and cliché, but he accepted me for who I am. He accepted my past, and loved me unconditionally, and my daughter, Ria. I remember praying to God that if He will make me meet a man, I want that man to come from Him. He answered. He provided me someone I didn't expect. Someone who is loving, understanding, and a good person. He is not perfect, had his own flaws, but was never ashamed of his imperfections.


I have so many good things to say about Mike, and I could go on for days. But he had his times, too. He gets mad, he has his wants, he gets ambitious, and he sometimes wondered why some people may make life look so easy for them. And that's okay, because he is a normal human being, just like everyone else. He is not rich. I am not rich. We are all trying to get by. What makes him special is that, he works hard for the things he lacks. He wanted to be better. He wanted to spoil himself because he surely deserved it. He was never selfish as he would always claim he was being an "only child". He was selfless, in fact. 


Mike saw me at my best, and definitely witnessed me at my worst. When I snap, I snap real hard. And he still stayed. He stuck with me. He absorbed all my attacks and still loved me even more. I didn't know that kind of person existed, until I met one myself.


God shared me one of His best creations and I'm really grateful. Mike's time may have been up, probably he is already needed up there, but he will always be with me, in my heart and in my mind. Not a day goes by that I don't think of him. It's just really heartbreaking to see someone you loved so much, who had so much ahead of him, leaves you, knowing that they wouldn't be coming back. You know that a part of you leaves with them, too.


Today would have been our 3rd year anniversary. I love you always, bebu.


No comments